Thursday, February 19, 2009

dancing under the melbourne sky

It's 10.54 pm now. I'm exactly 3 hrs ahead of sg and im still trying to adjust myself cos time seems to past much faster over here. Yes people, it's my 3rd day in Melbourne. Other than the fact that i was desperately homesick on the first 2 days, things are getting slightly better as i get to meet more people and adapt to the local culture. As far as it goes, everyone has been pretty warm towards us :). I guess this is somethg we asians shld pick up on.

I was really caught up with lots of daily activities minus the fact that i still have to cook, wash, pack and do grocery shopping (with alicia.darling of cos). We sound like housewives-to-be huh? Honestly, it hasn't been v.easy but it grants me a sense of satisfaction that I'm capable of surviving on my own as well.

I wanna dedicate a BIG THANK YOU to all of my dearest friendsss who turned up at the airpot to show some moral support. I miss each n everyone of you.

In no particular order:
Lynn, Joanne, Xin Lan, Yat Chun, Sua Cheo, Kingsley, Huey Shyan, Joyce.dear, Ber.fairy, Shin yi, Meizi, Tong Pui, Benedict, pq.dar, xue ting, Yin ting, Jennifer, gugu and last but most importantly my family!

sorry for being sucha crybaby at the departure hall..i guess i cldnt help it since im so attached to u guys. haa. oh well. do me the favour of taking good care of yourselves aight my lovely frens. I can't wait to be back in your arms again. haha.

Oh. I'm really touched by the farewell cards u guys wrote/ made and the presents such as the recipe bk from lan n joanne, notebk from meizi, postcard from shin yi and the ultra-prettyyyy BABY PINK GUESS WATCH! It was really a surprise. I'll def. wear it in remembrance of u guys. love it. <3

Meanwhile i'll turn in soon. I'll prob be back this wkend with all the pics that i have accumulated since my departure. im absolutely burnt out now and theres a FUN DAY OUT event tmr where we will be travelling to another campus. My heart's with you all wherever i am. :)

No comments: